Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 11, 2009

fit-PC2 small yet eligant yet still just an Atom

Ok so I have to admit something. I have been thinking about getting a EEE Box to be my new home theater system. The thing that has been holding me back is-well the Atom processor. I have been scared to death that I am gonna buy the thing and it not do all of what I want it to do . Well now this fit-PC2 thing has come out that is making it even hader for me to stick with my old e-Machine under the TV. The specs on the new puppy are:
  • 1.6GHz x86 CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • SATA hard disk
  • DVI with graphics acceleration
  • High definition audio
  • LAN and WLAN
  • 6 USB ports

I know it is still the atom but it has the power to push HD believe it or not! I may just have to give in on this one and load MythTV on the sucker.

1 comment:

Dirkus said...

I could also see this as a really awesome personal webserver running Apache on Linux. Instead of a full size workstation running all the time, this thing probably uses about as much juice as a wireless router. I think this would be pretty neat as say, a webcam server for a submerged camera in a jar at the bottom of my pond... Hrm. How much did you say that was again?