Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I think I'm going Mac Schizo

I think Macintosh is actually making me schizophrenic. This morning I decided to quietly watch an episode of Enterprise before I headed to work. I decided to watch it on my windows PC because it was already on and I could watch it on my 19” monitor with my speakers. Now I know I know Mac brethren, I could have easily hooked them up to my laptop but I was lazy. It was morning for craps sake lol. Ok so I was sitting back in my comfy computer chair watching my episode when my screensaver kicked in. Somewhere in the recesses of my brain a little mac Jamie popped out and said, ”My mac is smart enough to know that when I am watching a movie to not turn on the screen saver automatically.” Just then a windows version of Jamie popped over and said “I’m sure there is a feature to have the screen saver come on” and so I looked. Sure enough deep within the bowels of the programs preferences setting blah blah blah I found a setting to disable all screensavers while playing video. Mac Jamie popped out again and said “That was and automatic feature on my mac.” Windows Jamie said “we give our users a choice.” So I keep watching when all of a sudden my energy saver kicks in and turns off my monitor while I can still hear the show playing. Mac Jamie goes “see there” lol. At this point I pop up and say I’m trying to watch the freggin show you two shutup when it hit me that I was talking to myself. What the hell?? Lol I am now arguing with myself about the subtle differences between mac and windows. You know I think I need some quite time in the woods lol.

No comments: