Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CompUSA -- So long old friend .*sniff, sniff

By now I am sure you know but all the CompUSA stores are closing up. I stopped by my local store (1 hour away) just to see how the sales were going. So far only 10-30% off. I am hoping in the next couple weeks it will drop severely. But here is why it is an old friend.

One of the people that really pushed me to be a Mac fan boy was a guy name Mr. Robert (Bob) Wright back in my Portsmouth Public Schools days. The things I learned to do with that machine sucked me right into the mac world. Anywho one day with the computer club we went to CompUSA on the way to a tournament. (Im a geek shutup lol) That was the day I became a man lol. Seriously that store was the most awesome store I had ever been in. You have to keep in mind that this was back when all they sold was computer stuff. The hard to find gadgetry that I grew to love. I miss those days.

So to all my CompUSA brotheren, I am sorry for your loss and I will light a candle every year after the day it closes.

No comments: