Bookmark and Share

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Credit Card Addiction

Those of you that know me know I absolutely love to buy gadgets. Any kind of gadget. From game systems to computer equipment to little toys---um man toys lol. Well what ya'll dont know is that I charge--a lot. I mean I go nuts sometimes because I feel like you work your ass off and should be able to do that sometimes. Well, I went a bit to crazy and have charge $5000.00. The problem isnt that I cant afford the payment or cant pay it off. The problem is hat I have an extremely froogle wife and I am in the middle of buying a house. Well last night it came to a head because my wife and I decided to use the equity from our new house purchase to pay off somethings. The car, a small loan, and my credit card. Well wen t I gave her the amount she absolutely flipped. To me it is no big deal but to her it is like I shot her dog. I feel bad about making her upset but the other part of me is like "chill out" it is just money. And there it is. The responsibility bug. I have successfully swatted it away for years but I think it actually landed. That is a lot of money to have in revolving credit. Then I start think of what I could do in the house with that. Wash and Dryer, Furniture, a riding lawn mower. So what did I do and am going to do about it. I turned over the cards. I actually gave them to my wife to help stop me. At the same time I kind of feel like a kid that has been put on restriction you know?

~J

No comments: