Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 20, 2007

Is that a smerk Brother Bill?

At a software presentation this Chinese guy ran out displaying a sign saying "Free Software Open Source" in protest to Microsoft. Check out Brother Bill standing in the line with that big I cant believe this is happening smile on his face lol. I had to post this cause an opensource program named BitPim failed me today. I wanted to use it on my Mac to x-fer the contact data from my LG VX9800 (The V) to my computer. Well I kept getting the error "Error when switching from none to brew". After reading a bunch of forums and trying a bit of everything over both bluetooth and usb I said fark it and forked over the cash for the Mac version of DataPilot. I fortunately got a 25% off discount because I had purchased it before for PC. I installed it and boo-bam no problems. It kind of goes to prove that as much promise as OpenSource offers, there is something to say about the drive of money to make a company produce good turn key solutions.

No comments: