Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 27, 2007

My views -- Not saying they are right but they are mine.

Tonight I have been thinking quite a bit about my political stance on issues for some reason. I am in the middle of buying a house, taking my finals, and just generally busy yet my mind is occupied by what my political stance should be. I think this topic has been thrown up in my head by the repeated calls from various parties asking for my support. Monetarily of course. Obama, the republicans, Kerry, Christopher Walken, and of course Hilary reps have all called asking for my hard earned dollars. Well I am going to put my true feelings to rest right now. I don't like none of you SOBs/DOBs (Well maybe Christopher Walken lol). All of you all are out for self. Be it power, prestige, money, or whatever, you just aren't there for the people that truly need your help.

I think my other problem is I don't believe in war in general. Most wars come down to its leaders. I figure why drag an entire country down with you. Lets do it death match style so you can put your own asses on the line for what you believe so fervently in. (Two men enter, one man leave lol) I know that sounds oh so very democratic but it isn't. It is humanistic. I'm an independent damn it! Yes I want universal health care but I also what a flat tax which is libertarian. I also believe in small government at the same time which is republican. Abortion is wrong in my eyes but it is not my decision nor my body so I am pro-choice (I do want to say if I could carry a child, I would; because I feel it is a honor to be given that type of responsibility over a life). I have never touched an illegal drug in my life yet I feel far to much tax money is spent trying to stop it instead of using it as another form of taxed income. We all know it is just a matter of time anyway. Marbol has already trademarked Marbol Greens just in case.

Grow the economy by supporting small business cause big business will always be just that, BIG.

Ok one more issue. I believe reparations are owed not because of Lincoln but because the country to a point was developed on the back of unwilling participants. I am a part of an African American generation that has little hope of being able to find where we originally come from. How can I have a sense of pride about a country that cut me off from my ancestry. Don't get me wrong, a great deal of African life well--sucks. I'm greatful I am in a better situation, but that is not good enough. Native Americans got land, I want mine damn it!

Ok I have laid it out a bit. Like it or hate it, it is me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J,
SOUNDS like you had too much remote sensing for a night! Mad at the world and you can't find Phi...or tau!

Interesting to read peoples thoughts after knowing them for so long...

Jeaimehp said...

lol you are right about that but that night/morning I really just wanted to get those statements out of me.