Bookmark and Share

Friday, August 10, 2007

I am not alone lol

So I am down in MO for a CReSIS conference. The whole point of this conference is for fellow scientist and researchers to meet so we can make sure we are all on the same page or at least in the same book--ok at least the same state lol. Anyway big words abound and plans are unrolled and rolled back. Mean while I'm sitting there going what the hell. Yeah ummm I didn't know about any of that lol. Apparently my whole job at EC is revolving around research for CReSIS. Cool, now I know lol. So anyway last night some of the conference members and myself gathered together to watch a movie and ind of get to know each other a bit better. Well I was talking to one person when I just couldn't take it anymore. I asked the all important question. "What the hell are we supposed to be doing?lol" She fell out laughing and said "you too?? I thought it was just me lol. " So apparently we need to make a key item on the agenda "What you should know about CReSIS when you Begin" or some type of orientation thing cause everyone is lost accept the older professors that have been in it from the beginning. So basically here is what I have to do as far as I have figured out. My job is to take data and process it using MATLAB on the GRID. I am supposed to make two portable GRID systems for deployment in Greenland next summer and then again in Antarctica next December. Sweet ok now I can deal with that. Now one question...how do I use MATLAB lol?? I know I will get there but this is gonna take some hard work ..but hey, at least it is educational work instead of corporate crap.

No comments: