Bookmark and Share

Monday, June 9, 2008

How to play flash videos (flv) in Keynote

I was about to do my "Linux Basics" presentation when I saw that none of my videos were playing. I just got sound and a black screen in Keynote. I knew they worked because I had done this presentation before. I remembered that I have switched to Leopard since then so of course I immediately played the blame game. Then I thought about it again and remembered that Keynote will only play what Quicktime can play. Of course Quicktime wouldn't play the flv and gave no help for a codec. I decided to try Perian which I hadn't installed because there was no 10.5 version. Well-- it worked. I tried it on a second virgin machine just to verify and sure enough it worked fine. Hope this helps some other lost soul lol.

~J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good move, Jeaime! Perian is one of those "must have" items for OS X. But have you heard that they are giving details about Quicktime X (included with 10.6) at WWDC today? No word on whether it plays .flv files though.